Wednesday 22 February 2012

Yet another hot Wednesday WOYWW

Hi everyone,
Our summer is continuing to drag on with temperatures in the mid to high 30s (Celsius) [95 - 104], which aren't out of the ordinary, but the humidity sure is. Anyway, enough whining!

I had a very productive Saturday in which I managed to create 3 pages for this month's Vintage Fat Book, 9 backgrounds for this month's Paperarts ATC swap "Tissue Paper" technique as well as creating a card for my Secret Stamper buddy.

So here is what my workspace looks a bit like this...similar to last week, just with this week's resources.



This month's Vintage Fat Book page theme is "Women in Literature"...so after a bit of thought I decided on Agatha Christie.  So, this is what I eventually came up with.


Agatha

I also had to get a start on 9 ATCs for the Paperarts Feb monthly swap.  This month's theme is based on a technique..."Tissue Paper Backgrounds".  So I decided to make my own tissue paper backgrounds using a variety of products; from alcohol inks to home made glimmer mists. I went on to select a focal image, but that was as far as I got...the witty wording/catch phrase hasn't inspired me yet...I have a few days left before I have to have them completed. It will be this Saturday's job.  Here are the ATC backgrounds I finally came up with.


Well, that's enough for this week I guess. Must go and check out Julia's blog "Stamping Ground" and have a look at other people's work spaces.  Perhaps you should check it out too.  Click on the link above.

Until next time.

;D

19 comments:

  1. I really like the Agatha Christie page. What a wonderful photo of her too! Happy woyyw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage page for your fat book, its gorgeous and I adore the pretty colours you are working with on your ATC's. I look forward to seeing the finished project, they will look fab :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen #91

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your backgrounds and your book page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to see what current project you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't envy you that heat, but I do like what you have made....Agatha Christie lived for a while in a place close to me, a town called Wallingford.... very nice place to live!
    xx 101

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea for the ATC's, just joined as a follower, as you have lovely creative things on your blog, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tissue paper backgrounds are quite wonderful. They are definitely a good start to a great ATC. I love your Agatha Christie page. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Layout you have done looks like you have been very busy have a fab week
    Anne-marie #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Agatha Christie layout. The weather must have heard you, it's raining and cold today.
    Have a great week.
    Von #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alessandra, The Agatha Christie page is looking good and the ATC background looks promising. I've been making the odd bit of homemade glimmermist lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just received your Agatha page in the mail, my favorite author! It looks great!
    Hugs Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Lucy...I'm glad they got there ok.

      Delete
  12. The Agatha Christie page looks GREAT. She'd approve, I'm sure. As for the summer -- please send some of that heat my way! My backyard will have snow until March/April/May because it faces north.

    The beginnings of your ATCs look fab.

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay
    #29

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Agatha page! Lucky you having it warm, damp and horrible here! Enjoy this week's WOYWW snoop of the crafty & creative desks around the world. Take care Zo xx 81

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little late visiting..love the tissue background for the ATC I may just put some on a canvas I'm working on. thanks for sharing Peg

    ReplyDelete
  15. That layout really rings my bell. I love Agatha Christie, especially the Miss Marple books. The page is beautifully done, perfect colours for the vintage theme. Thank you for your visit today and your lovely comment. xx Maggie #11

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like those ATC backgrounds. So colorful and fun. I'm sure they will all come together in time. Your summer days sound like what I went thru six months ago. I can relate to your temps AND your humidity! Thanks for dropping by already.

    ReplyDelete
  17. loving Agatha and we are getting warmer over here so i hope it start cooling off a bit for you over there......
    Sharne ~71

    ReplyDelete