Thursday 16 February 2012

Sitting up late on a Wednesday night (Thursday morning) WOYWW

Hi everyone,

Well it is now Thursday morning, 1am to be exact , when I should actually be in the land of nod, but I'm sitting up in bed writing this week's blog.

Having had a busy weekend (again!!) not much crafting got done, but I have at least 3 swaps that need to be completed within the next 10 days.  I managed to get a start (and complete) one such swap...a steampunk swap.  Only having been involved in a steampunk swap once before I'm still trying to get my head around the whole concept. In the end, I decided to go with a clock/watch background and added a piece of watch mechanism for each ATC...This is what I ended up with.


As each one is slightly different (except for the same focal image and the hot air balloon) here is the whole set of 9 I completed.


Tomorrow night hopefully I will get a start on my next Vintage Fat Book page.  This month's theme is "Women in Literature" and I think I have decided to go with Agatha Christie as my author.  I will post a postscript by the weekend if I get the pages completed by then.

My work desk, has changed slightly since the past couple of posts...mainly because I ended up doing most of my work on the lounge room floor.  But anyway, here is my "inside" workspace.


Well, that's it for this week, short and sweet.  Thanks for popping by and checking out my blog this week.

Until next time, check out what other, very talented people have been up to this past week...http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com.au/

;D

24 comments:

  1. glad to meet you. I like mixed media stuff too your steampunk style is cool
    Happy WOYWW

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an elegant looking ATC. I think it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you've done an amazing job they look great...i've not done Steampunk either so i'd be well out of my comfort zone...have a lovely week...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try anything once...I just wish I had more cogs and the like. But I'm happy with the finished product.

      Delete
  4. beautiful makes, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing,# 52

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the steampunk atcs! Happy WOYWW. Thanks for letting me have a snoop around your workdesk!!!
    Will be back next week to snoop some more.
    Lisa (WOYWW 8) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ATCs and that steampunk paper looks interesting (Hazel, WOYW #136) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun cutting up 12 little 3/4" x 3/4 squares for each ATC.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous makes, busy workspace, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alessandra, Those steampunk ATCs are simply fabulous! You should be very pleased with them.
    Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roslyn. They were for a StampHappy swap...I'm not sure if you are part of that group. I made 9, sent off 8 and I'll be getting 8 different ones back. Hope life is treating you well. I might be in your next of the woods in a couple of month's time...it would be great to catch up with you and Sandra de.

      Delete
  9. Ohh I love the steampunk ATC they look wonderful. It took me awhile last year to get my head around it but in the end I loved doing it because it was so different. Lovely set of papers on your new workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the ATCS, I think you'd go mad doing so many repeats if they were exactly the same. Ok, not you, me!
    Another lounge floor worker...whihc leads me to deduce that you must be twenty years younger than me...it would kill me to sit or kneel on the floor to do that! I saw your comment at Brenda's about trying to buy an ATG gun in the US...you can get them mail order from www.3mselect.co.uk. - they are often on special offer..I paid under a tenner for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, when I said the lounge room floor, I actually meant, my equipment is on the floor and I'm on the sofa...lol

      I checked out the 3m website, but it doesn't seem that they ship outside of the UK and it is currently on special! Bugger!

      Delete
  11. I really like your background paper although I've never been bitten by the steampunk bug, or the atc bug for that matter, lol! I don't know why half the crafting stuff isn't available in Australia, especially for the very large companies like Fiskars, doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

    Hugs
    Brenda 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only my second attempt at it Brenda...
      Australia's population isn't big enough to all for the sort of discounting that happens in the US or the UK.

      Whist in the US last year I bought a crop-a-dile (which retailed normally for $39.99) for about $20 (with coupons)...in Australia they retail for $89.00, there's just no comparison and we get done over in Oz! :(

      Delete
  12. Ohh love those papers and the balloon stamp. Take care, thanks for sharing & hope you enjoy this week's WOYWW. Zo xx 86

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bought my ATG from US as their exchange is better than Uk but the UK post cost is better so may work out better - think mine was about 15US$ plus post but cant remember where I bought it form.. bad me!
    Now re Stampscapes thee are great tutorials on their site and also over at the stamp a scene challenge - so you might like to take a peek at it!
    http://craftascene.blogspot.com.au/
    thanks for popping over, another Aussie - goodie! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab ATC's! I love that image and the whole style of them!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohoo it's nice to know I'm not the only silly billy sitting up at silly o'clock typing out my woyww! Fabulous paper stack you have on your desk, and love the ATC's, sorry this is a bit late, did have trouble getting that comment box to show!
    Happy Late WOYWW
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete