Wednesday 30 November 2011

What's on my work desk this wonderful Wednesday?

Well, we're now getting to the pointy end of the year and for some bizarre reason, I had signed up for 3 largish swaps and a couple of smaller ones...and with one day left, I think I've got them all done!! Yippee!

I've already posted about the Christmas book that I did for a swap with a group in the US...hopefully it isn't far from arriving on that country's fine shores.

A couple of local swaps entailed making a calendar for 2012 using quirky/sassy sayings for the pages.  This was to be created in an A7 format.  Unfortunately only 6 people signed up, so we have decided to do 2 months each, to make up what should have been 12 people.

So, here are my two pages.  I selected the months of April (which when my birthday falls) and August (that of my husband).  Genevieve, our host can decide which month will be which, but here is month 1.

Do not distrub!

This was then followed by:

Everyone seems normal!

I was also lucky enough to attend a workshop run by Jen Crossley at Scraptive where I made, from scratch, an etched metal book and learnt how to bind pages (signatures) into a book.  After a bit of agonising when things went a bit awry I was happy with my final result...to truly personalise my book, I managed to etch my thumb print onto the metal cover.

Front view

This was supposed to be the side view, but for some reason every time I try to flip it, it disappears off the page!

The final activity I've been working on has been a monthly swap for my paperarts group.  This month's theme was "Mother's sage advice", so the ATC had to have images and quotes that fit this theme...so here is my interpretation...

Mother's Sage Advice...some pretty good advice to live up to, I reckon!

I apologise to some of you regular followers who may also be part of paperarts and I've spoilt the surprise of what this month's ATC might look like, but I'm sure you won't mind too much.

Well, I guess that is enough for this post, I can't believe I've been able to create so much in such a limited amount of time...and my studio is almost there, so next blog might have a picture of my new working area...at the moment I'm using two different areas, one in the house and the other in the garage (which will ultimately be my studio)...so watch this space.

Thanks for stopping by again.  See you next time.
;)

10 comments:

  1. Love all your creations, especially the metal book!
    Jen is a great teacher!
    Hugs Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces for your swap! Love the sayings, especially on that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look great Alessandra! Loved Jen's class, isn't the book great! You haven't got your dangley bits on yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words of support ladies...

    Yes, Kelsey...I haven't put the dangley bits on yet...got to finalise all my swaps (just have to put the wording on to the Paperarts November swap). After that I will have to firstly find suitable dangley bits. Might have to come in and see you, and bring my book in for your "John Hancock".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book looks great Alessandra. Jen is a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Glenda. Yes Jen is a great teacher, it is a pity we couldn't have her here longer...I guess our reward is that we have Kelsey instead!!!
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the book and how exciting to be in one of Jen's classes. Now I am really keen to get my set of "Mother's sage advice" ATC ..... yours looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative Alessandra! Looks wonderful
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the book and the ATCs show Kelsey's mad influence...LOL. ...and I am lucky enuff to have one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Barb. I'm so lucky to have such a great artist like Kelsey living in my home town. She is so much fun and so inspiring, if not a little naughty and irreverent! lol

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete