Saturday 17 December 2011

Some of my latest creations

Hi everyone,

This week I've busily been trying to get the Christmas Cards for my US relatives in the mail, together with a myriad of photos and photo discs from the Family Reunion we had back in September.

Luckily I got them all in the mail by Tuesday, but I think they might get there for New Year rather than for Christmas...but the intention was there.

This year I decided to do 2 main cards rather than the usual variety of cards I create. Here is one of them (the other is exactly the same minus the embossed words...just the bauble).

Unfortunately I'm having scanner problems, so the image is a bit dodgy with splotches here in there (even though I cleaned the glass...it still is coming up with spots...oh, well).

Christmas Card 2011

I also made my niece (in-law) a Birthday Card for her 25th birthday, using one of the stamps I bought on my recent trip to the US.

Julia

On Thursday I did a class at Scraptivate with the wonderfully talented Kelsey O'Mullane.  The class she ran was using UTEE, or Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (or powder).  Kelsey has also recently published her first book, teaching us mere mortals different fun techniques to create ATCs...if you wish to buy one, as I did, check out Kelsey's blog.

The first one I made is a little cheeky (racy, whatever you want to call it) and took its inspiration from a similar one that Kelsey made as a demo for the class.  It is interesting to note that the same stamp was used to create the UTEE image on the circular frame and the crackled image on the background...it is amazing what UTEE does.

She Knew She Could Control Him

The next one I made was pretty straight forward...I think the image is of screen siren Veronica Lake...I'm sure someone will let me know if I got it wrong.

Dreamboat

And last, but not least is this one using a male image (which I rarely do)...I was meant to be landscape, but I liked the look of it in profile...so there it is. You can see the snazzy effect that the UTEE makes when not stamped into...it looks like real enamel.

Dreamy Reflections

Well, I guess that is enough for this instalment.  Hopefully you saw something that you liked.  Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Until next time,
;D

PS  I probably won't get another one in before Christmas, so I would like to wish you all as safe and Holy Christmas and hope that 2012 will bring all that your heart desires, but most of all, I wish you health, as without that, life can be a real struggle. 

10 comments:

  1. Ooh ...... I love that frame with the crackled image and UTEE. TFS.

    Hugz......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love the images especially Dreamboat and the sentiment about the lady parts gave me a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments Chris in Oz and Marjie. I must admit, the sentiment about the lady parts gave me a good chuckle too.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work Alessandra... love the ATCs, looked like it was a great class, and the cards are sure to be well received!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic creations Alessandra! You are soooo lucky to be able to attend Kelsey's classes!...I am so green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ATCs, love teh variety

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alessandra love all the atc's you have been creating. I have also bought Kelsey's book and loooooove it. Wish I could attend some of her classes but for now the book will have to do. Will try the UTEE technique as I like the enamel look you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see some of Kelsey rubbing off here....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your kind comments...and yes, Debbi, Kelsey has that affect on people! LOL
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alessandra, thanks for stopping by on woyww.

    ReplyDelete