Wednesday 13 July 2011

No idle hands here!

I've been doing a bit of everything these past few days, both knitting and stamping.  I've now completed about 9 "ruffley" scarves in about 3 weeks or so, plus complete 1 basic one and have started (but have left for about 2 1/2 weeks) another.

I'm also trying to keep on top of all the swaps that I've crazily put my hand up for...so this week I've started work on my contribution towards the Boomerang Stampers Collaborative book that is due August 31...but as most of my resources are back home (and I'm only going home for 4 days in about 3 weeks time) I have decided to start part of it here, before I work on the bulk of it at home and then compile it here on my return...Confused yet?  I don't blame you. But here is phase 1 of my page, it will be part of the focal point of my page.  I have selected my favourite colour of course...

Life is the Art


Now, that it is all that I will reveal as I don't want to spoil the page for anyone who is involved in the swap...I don't want to kill the anticipation of getting the Collaborative Book for the participants.

And now the scarves...I really love these scarves... a dear friend has encouraged me to make them as after I made one for her, her work colleagues said that they loved it and would love to buy one...so I am busily making them, some for me, some for my friends and some for sale...If you want one, just let me know and I'll let you know how much.

Here are the latest batch:


 I don't know why Blogger keeps putting this photo in, landscape rather than profile...but I guess it is just a quirk.

Today I will start work on a Steampunk swap for the Paperarts group I'm in, but as I don't have access to a printer here, I have to head off to the local library to print off my images so that I can get a start on this swap.

On the issue of Paperarts@yahoogroups, I've bravely put my hand up to co-moderate this group as the current owners/moderators are moving in a different direction in their lives and asked for group members who might want to take over the administration of this group.  I have got HUGE shoes to fill, but I am very excited about working with Lucy, who will be the owner/ co-moderator...we will be taking over from Barb and Bevlea in October...so, how's that for jumping in at the deep end...I am really excited about it, but there is a bit of trepidation as I am aware that the group has many, very talented members...I know I have their support, but it is scary all the same.

These women are very talented, so do yourself a favour (in the words of Ian "Molly" Meldrum) and check out their blogs.

Well, I don't have much else to show or say at the moment, so until next time....
:)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alessandra, thanks for your comment on my blog. Love your blog, your creations look great especially love the scarves.
    You will do fine with your moderator status on Paperarts!
    Hugs Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy, thanks so much. I hope you're ok with me putting a link to your blog in my latest post. If you're not ok with it, let me know and I will remove it...but I thought you might like other people to know about what you do.
    I'm sure I will be fine with the moderator's role, especially when I will have you to work with. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to having you at the helm with Lucy!! And hopefully meeting up one day while you're still in Sydney! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbi...I'm only in Sydney for another 6 1/2 weeks, so we will have to catch up. Perhaps we can organise something with other members of Boomerang and Paperarts in Sydney. Perhaps Roslyn and Sandra might have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete