Friday 8 July 2011

Another Wednesday Post On A Friday

Well, here I am again...second post in two days but I am so excited about the ATC swap I am currently working on that I thought I would share it with you all.  This swap is called "Altered Magazine Face".  The aim of the swap was to find pictures of people (not necessarily famous) and to modify the picture such as to change the appearance of the person.  You could change the appearance such as to totally change the look of the person to make them unrecognisable, but I thought I would do it in such a way that the person could be identified.

This for me is a big shift from the sort of ATCs I normally create, so I jumped in with a bit of trepidation...after having asked for advice from some artists whose work I really respect and admire (and actually use to inspire what I do).

So firstly I will post the raw images (some with only a couple of modifications)...in effect, all I had done was add white gesso to the matt board and also used it to adhere the image to the board.

Raw Form


As I worked, I wasn't happy with the 3rd image on the top row, so this morning I decided to give it the "old heave ho" and replaced it with a picture of Emma Watson.

So, after many hours of pottering around with each ATC...this is what I finally came up with:

The Final Product


Now to compare each ATC one after the other:



Sir Leo


Abby


Panda Eyes


The Courtesan


Flyboy


Brittney Does Alice

I have no raw form of Emma Watson because I was in such a hurry to replace the young boy that I decided was not going to make the grade.

Princess Emma

I guess that is enough for this post as I have stacks more ATC swaps I need to get onto.

So, until next time…thanks for visiting.
J

3 comments:

  1. Very artistic Alesandra
    Great job
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, shiver now I have to find some pics and do mine too, hope I can do as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress Glenda...I'm sure yours will be as brilliant as ever...Got to be honest, I'm surprised with the final product...just decided not to go with the witty comment, but rather just name them.
    Thanks for your kind comment Julie!!

    ReplyDelete