Wednesday 28 December 2011

What's on my workdesk this wonderful Wednesday - WOYWW?

WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday)

Hi everyone,

I have been promising the couple last entries to post photos of my current work area and my "new" work area. Now, part of the reason for the delay is because I haven't quite set up my "new" studio just yet...but I thought I may as well post where I'm at as of today...it isn't very neat! So, you've been warned.

Well, until recently I was working in my study (which is in the house) and I would constantly be dealing with keeping it neat...but since my return from the US and my husband having bought me a great piece of furniture to set up all my stuff...I have now set up (although still trying to set up) in the back garage...this will now be known as "The Studio".

So this is The Study (inside the house)

Sorry about the side view, even though I save it upright, whenever I upload the photos they go back to the original layout...if anyone has any suggestions on how to change/turn photos once in Blogger, please let me know!!!

This is my current work desk.  This piece of furniture is made from recycled Jarrah (Mahogany) floor boards from our old family room (before we demolished it for our extension).  It currently houses all my stamps (well 90% of them) and all my ink pads and other paraphernalia.

As it has been Christmas week, all I managed to work on last week was the Paperarts yahoo group's December Monthly ATC swap - Anatomical With A Twist...so the top of my work desk has the remnants of that swap.



And here it the ATC...I decided to go with a play on words...

Anatomical With A Twist

Well, now to my "new " work area...the back garage which will be converted into my studio (once my husband's colourbond shed arrives and he will move all the 'boy' stuff into his shed!!! lol).

Sorry about the side view again!!!

This is the piece of furniture my husband bought me to house all my goodies (plus the one that I currently use in my study). I have put lots of stuff in it already, but until he moves out of the garage/studio, I can't really progress (that's my story anyway!! lol).


Sorry, you will have to tilt your head again!! (advice to get the images the right way up will be warmly accepted...remember I've already saved them the right way up, it is blogger that uploads them the wrong way).


And here it is...my work area...Great isn't it! It has lots of storage and together with the cabinet from inside the house and the metal cupboard to the right of this hutch (see the main, sideways picture) I will have all my resources in the one spot...no need to keep putting stuff away, I will just cover the main work area with a blanket for now (might make a curtain of some type) to keep the dust off...but that is it.

Well, I haven't got anything else to add as the lead up to Christmas Day and now towards New Years have taken up most of my energies this week.

I'd like to wish you all the very best for 2012 and thank you for supporting my blog and visiting whenever you get the chance.

Cheers,
;D

Post Script to my post earlier today....

I found this in the post today from my friend Roslyn who was one of the two people who encouraged me to start up this blog...a very pleasant surprise from a lovely person I only got to spend the briefest amount of time with, but who will always be an online friend, due to the vast distance between us.  Thanks Roslyn for your friendship and your generosity. xx

Journal and Christmas card

My colourful journal from Roslyn

21 comments:

  1. Hello Alessandra, wishing you a happy new year. Love the journal from Roslyn and I do agree she is a very generous craft friend. Your new work area looks wonderfully spacious. Love the side pics and I wish I could help! but no technical skill on my part. I can't even manage beeswax!! Look forward to another year of paperarts and love the ideas you have put forward.
    Cheers
    Sandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Thanks again for your constant support and kind words. I will have lots of fun once my "studio" is up and running...just hope going back to full-time work isn't going to kill my mojo!!!

    Beeswax is VERY messy, but I love the smell of it...not all the cleaning up. Kelsey recently told me to keep tools that you use for beeswax only, because of the fact that it is so hard to clean.

    I hope 2011 was a good year for you, it was so nice to meet you at the Paramatta Leagues club way back in May (seems like eons ago). I'm just sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you before I left Sydney...but you too will be my online friend...You and Roslyn, who got me up and running with this blog.

    I pray 2012 brings all that you deserve and all that your heart desires. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun with Paperarts in 2012.

    Cheers,
    Alessandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new work/play room Alessandra!...and can't wait to get the next lot of ATCs...yours is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barb, I had fun making it...PS I love my new work/playroom/studio too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. always love seeing someone else's studio... even if it is a side view LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alessandra, I'm over from WOYWW (it takes me days to get around!) and your message about deleting the link with your name on. It matters not which way you enter the link, with your name or your blog name, it's always nice to know a name anyway...specially one as lovely as yours! Also, am sorry to say that you linked to last week's (133) WOYWW so you wont have many visitors. PLEASE link again next week on 135 - you have much to share and your emerging studio will make fascinating reading! Love the big Jarrah unit, what a great way thing to approach when you want to dosome crafting. Your Anna Tomical ATC made me smile, great take!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew I thought it was lost in the mail. Very limited internet access at moment. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there - fab new crafting space!! I LOVE Anna Tomicle, she made me lol!! Have you seen the work of Simon Drew? He's a graphic artist who plays around with dreadful puns, brilliant.
    Happy New Year!
    LLJ #33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't mention that I have a beautiful bowl made from Jarrah that my Mr Dunnit made after our last trip Down Under...years ago, sadly. We were in Freo, visiting the Endeavour replica building and museum and they were offering chunks of wood as souvenirs.....one of the best I've ever got! I see you've a daylight lamp too - I really must get mine out, keep moaning about bad light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, Lunch Lady Jan I'm not familiar with Simon Drew...I will have to check him out.

    Julia, I'm amazed you were able to get wood products into the US...or is it only us Australians that have an issue with foreign woods? lol Jarrah is a beautiful wood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very lucky to have such a beautiful piece of furniture to work on, always great to have a new space. Love your ATC and that journal is gorgeous.
    Von #18

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great that you've got a wonderful new creative space to get all inky in! Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful things you make here. Loved Ann Tomical...what a laugh.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your reclaimed mahogany desk! I love lots of drawers. Great anatomtical card too. I like your style. ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your visit and I am glad I have encouraged you to use your stash. I know I shall have to buy glue and some basic paper and card, but it will be as little as possible this year. Good luck in your new area. That cupboard made from the floorboards is beautiful. Maggie #72

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your ATC! Your space looks wonderfully full of creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you to all of you who have left such nice comments.

    A special thank you to those of you who have visited for the first time thanks to Julia's WOYWW link.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great furniture you've got, and I don't suppose many of us can claim to work on a mahogany work desk lol!! It's gorgeous. Also, I simply adore your ATC - what a wonderful and hilarious take on "anatomical" - I just love it!!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog - it's lovely to have some decent paper storage space at last. My hubby offered to get rid of the old cardboard shelves but I think I'm going to put them back to their original use - turned right way round, and housing my ring binders again! They don't look quite so crooked now there's no weight on them.

    Shoshi #60

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it is wonderful to reuse something to make such a wonderful desk - the memories that wood must have!

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy new year to you! i enjoyed my peek of your work area. i love all the storage space you have. sometimes my pics misbehave too so i turn them around in picnik.com first before uploading them.
    thanks for sharing! hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck settling into your new studio!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am working with a Mac and Iphoto is where I store my photos... it might be different on each computer...but....if I don't close out the browser after turning and getting the photos organized... and then... start it up again to do my postings...I can't get the photos over in the upright position either. Try closing everything out and opening them again after turning the photos..it may work.

    ReplyDelete