Wednesday 22 June 2011

Thank you Chilean volcanic ash cloud!!

Thanks to the Chilean volcanic ash cloud grounding me for a couple of days, I've decided to take advantage of the downtime to get creating.

Well, I've gone back to my stamping roots and yesterday I created these three cute cards using "La-La Land Crafts" stamps. I've also managed to put my new Copic markers to the test...I love the final products, hope you do too!

Luca


Lulu



Lola



I also have decided to take advantage of my being "grounded" to use my vast home resources to start making ATCs for my PaperArts June Swap "Domestic Goddess". I just love this quote I found and decided it went well with the 1950s beauty I selected as my focal point.

Enough About Me... Domestic Goddess PaperArts June swap.


Well, if I'm going to get another 8 of these ATCs created I'd better get off the computer...

So until next time!!
:)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alessandra, Cute cards! I was going to say I like the girl with the teddy and then I realised they are both the same stamp! I had to look twice! The colouring has given them totally different looks. Very clever. I don't have any Copics (yet). Have lots of other colouring stuff that I haven't fully used. Talk soon. Make the most of being stuck at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Alessandra. I'm a copic addict, they give such dimension to the colouring.
    Happy Creating, Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie for your kind comment...I actually got the inspiration for my 3 La-La Land cards from viewing your blog and that of Jennifer McGuire. You both are very talented people...and yes, Copics do create great dimension to images...I too am hooked on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Roslyn, isn't it amazing how colouring a stamped image differently can make the same image look so different! I've messaged you privately. Cheers, Alessandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same as Roslyn.
    Lovely work with the ATCs. Just had a quick browse around your blog and I love your quirkie atc style. so fun!! I'll be back again. ;)
    (ps, followed your link from BSL post)
    Deanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha - even though I have already commented, I have to say the domestic goddess is my most fave!! Love it!!
    Deanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Deanne, I'm glad you like what I do. :)

    ReplyDelete