Wednesday 30 January 2013

WOYWW...The holidays are over! Back to work I go!!!

I have enjoyed a very relaxing (but also very busy) 5 weeks and am re-energised for the new academic year.  These 5 weeks have seen Christmas come and go, a year end and another one begin, friends from interstate coming to visit and stay and the past week and a bit I've managed to do some crafting too.

I've managed to get a number of projects finished as well as starting on some new ones.

In my last blog I spoke about a Mixed Media swap I'm involved in and, even though I posted a picture of the finished product as an amendment to that blog, I've decided to post the picture again.  It is 8" x 10" and is on a flat canvas.  The brief was to create something in Black and White with a splash of Red.

I used black and white gesso, white modelling paste as well as textured paper that I ripped and painted over.  I also added a beautiful Pre-Raphaelite image.  I used copic pens to add the splash of red.

I wish I made 2, one for me and one to swap...but alas I didn't and I will just have to be brave and part with it.  At least I have the photos.

Here it is.

The before.



The after.


Here are some of the other projects I spent time on during the week. (most still need embellishments)



My granddaughter Isabelle and I spent time together yesterday, cooking pancakes and doing craft and this is what we did...(she is really camera shy, so I had to take this one sneaky peaks...still a nice photo).


Firstly I'll showcase Isabelle's efforts, some of these are for me, some for my husband and some for her mum.

For Nonno


For me




For Mum


And these are my effort...as I said...I still need to add embellishments.




So as you can see, I've (we've) been busy little beavers...

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to visit Julia's blog where she showcases many other crafty people's work.  Enjoy your day...and until next time, ;D.

25 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW. You have both been very busy. Fab creations. I got confused, as you have the same background to your blog that 'Okienurse' has - and I had just been commenting on her post. Easily confused at the moment! Ali x #34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling... ;D Thanks for popping by again this week Ali.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had some FUN!!! I always take photos of my creations, because otherwise I'd never be able to part with them, lol! You've made some wonderful pieces this week!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have lots of fun. I'm glad you liked what we did. Thanks for visiting Jeannie.

      Delete
  3. Love your efforts, very classy! What will you embellish them with? Keep up the good work - Lucy #23 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Lucy...I usually add some words and perhaps some beads or some other sort of bling.

      Delete
  4. Hi Alessandra, Nice to see you back on WOYWW and doing some artwork. I love your black and white canvas. The image you have used in the centre is a favourite one of mine. (It's on my blog, somewhere.) I hope you liked the Mini ATC book I sent in December, although I think it would not have reached you before Christmas.
    Happy WOYWW, and again, I'm really pleased to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roslyn,
      I've sent you a private message, but yes, it is good to be back doing art work.

      Delete
  5. Don't blame you at all about being reluctant to part with it, your canvas is just super. I love the pic of your GD..she's looks very busy in thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always have the photo...and I guess I can always try to replicate it. Yes, Isabelle was quite focussed when I took the photo...but I had to take it sneaky peak like. She even tried to delete it but I managed to save it!

      Delete
  6. Super work and creativeness :)

    Thanks for sharing

    Kerry @ 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have both been very busy your grandaughter has a great eye for craft. I am loving all your pieces and the canvas is beautiful
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria...we had fun doing our craft. We always do something creative whenever Isabelle (and even her brother) come over and visit. She is very creative.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous projects! And wow, your grandaughter is quite the talented crafter too. :)

    Ali #73

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria. The teacher in me always tries to get the kids away from the t.v. or the computer and do something creative.

      Delete
  9. it's such fun introducing the grandkids to art supplies. happy woyww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is...we have been doing it for some time. I used to help her brother write and illustrate storybooks when he was younger...unfortunately, now that he is 12, the Ipad has taken over. But he is creative with computers...he designs things.

      Delete
  10. Glad that you had some time off....always hard to get back after a long break. Sounds as if you had a good get get together with family and friends though. Busy desk and a content grandaughter!
    Have a great crafty week
    Julie (paperpathway) 142

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you have some fabulous makes here, especially the feltingand the coloured dots.
    have a great week
    janet #32

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mixed media work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your canvas! It is so nice that you find creative time with your granddaughter she is adorable and quiet the artist. Your Lily Munster made me smile as I was just saying my hair is looking more and more like hers lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lily Munster (fullstop) and Morticia Adams...I guess they always remind me of my childhood watching those very clever t.v. programmes. Good on you for having Lily's hair Winnie...very stylish!

      Delete
  14. Lovely to see your little one enjoying crafting. The canvas is coming along beautifully and your filmstar ladies are gorgeous.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sandra. Did you sign up for the canvas swap? I don't know who I'll be sending it to just yet. It will be hard to let it go...wish I had made 2!
      Hope you are keeping well. We must catch up when I'm next our your neck of the woods.

      Delete