Wednesday 2 May 2012

WOYWW A very busy Wednesday

Hi everyone,

I've been really busy these past 4 weeks. I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last month.  Even though I've been crafting, I just haven't managed to update my blog.

So, this is what my work desk looked like 3 weekends ago... the plan was to post this 2 Wednesdays ago, but I ran out of time.

Anyway this is (was) what my work space looked like.


This what my work space looked like 2 weekends ago:


So what did these desks end up help me create.

Well, those of you who have been following since the start of the year would be aware of my monthly "Paperarts" yahoo group "Vintage Fat Book".  This month's theme was children...so this was what I ended up with:


This month's "Paperarts" ATC theme was an Explosion ATC (better known as a fold out ATC). Unlike other months, only 3 people participated in this swap, but all three of us commented on how much fun we had making these.

This is my Explosion ATC closed


 And open


This is the trio


Finally, I created an ATC for the WTA (Winner Takes All) monthly swap.  Everyone who enters the draw has a chance of winning all the ATCs created.  The winner is selected randomly and is chosen at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I didn't win the April draw, but this was my entry.


So, I guess I have been busy creating, just haven't had time to update my blog.

Well, that's about it for now.  Thanks for popping by and checking out my blog.  Don't forget to visit Julia's blog and check out what others around the world have been busily doing this past week.

Until next time.
;D

29 comments:

  1. Hi Alessandra,
    Love the explosion ATC! Glad you are putting your lovely workspace to good use. Haven't done much art lately, things have been hectic here too, must email you privately when I get a moment. Happy WOYWW! RosA #17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roslyn,
      Please do email me. Hope things aren't too hectic! Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment. Chat with you soon.

      Delete
  2. Wow those ATCs they look like they are leather they are just awesome!!! You have been busy Happy WOYWW :)#109

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. The are made from cardboard (what some people refer to as chipboard). I painted them with acrylic paint and then rubbed antique gold "rub and buff" on them. It was lots of fun.

      Delete
  3. just stunning creations - esp. the man ATC! and i just love that quote :)
    no. 82

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for your kind words Claire.

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely things on show today. Love your ATC, don't make them myself but looks a winner to me
    Famfa 116

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Famfa...you must give ATCs a go...I've only been doing them for about 3 years and I find I am constantly learning new techniques and am trying new ideas.

      Delete
  5. WOW amazing ATC's! I especially love the explosion one, a very clever and effective idea :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week, hugs, Karen xx #12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. When I first proposed the idea of an explosion ATC concept for the Paperarts swap I was a bit concerned about what the final products would be...but I am more than happy with the final product.

      Delete
  6. Creative desk;-)
    Lovely cards!
    Happy WOYWW Wednesday!

    Hugs Marleen #25

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ATC, it looks like leather, very cool.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #150

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought about the fact that the explosion ATC looked like leather...but you are quite right.

      Delete
  8. What lovely ATC's that explosion ATC is amazing!
    Happy WOYWW
    Marnie#159

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marnie. Thanks for both your comment and your for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I've been trying to reply to each individual comment but have been experiencing issues with Blogger. Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I will try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your atcs are awesome
    have a fab crafty week and
    happy woyww
    kay #38

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love your explosion atc's they are awesome, thanks for sharing. Also you new space is something to die for with so much room.

    Eliza #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eliza. I've never made explosion ATCs (fold out ATCs) before and I was really happy with the final result. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  12. can you please turn off word recognition I had to do it 4 times to get it right and migranes dont help any. please dont publish this comment.

    Ta Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah well, youve clearly embedded in your renewed space, that's a good thing. My word how behind the times I am - explosive ATC, how fab is that! And I love your rendition of the shell seekers for the children theme, it's a lovely technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Julia. I had lots of fun doing these projects. Isn't it amazing what one can do with Photoshop. I didn't acknowledge the artist of the "Shell Seekers", mostly because I don't know who he was and secondly, because I didn't know it was called "Shell Seekers".
      Thanks for continuing to promote our take on art on your blog!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful explosion ATC's turned out brilliantly. I always need to see the actual item before I can commit. WTA looks fab as well. Sandra @96

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely 'children' page, and fab ATC - I like the texture of it closed up! Have a fab week, Deb # 124

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your ATC! very creative and inspirational! Sorry for my late woyww visit, been away, and came back to no email and worse still , no blog! Have a crafty week!!

    ((Lyn))
    #47

    ooh code is sooo long keep getting it wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ATC's are my favorite from all the swaps ive been in. I loved it the minute i saw it. thankyou, a perfect end to a great lot of swaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic. I love the explosion cards,I just couldn't see myself having the time to make them for the swaap.

    ReplyDelete