Thursday 6 October 2011

I'm back for galvanting around the country side!

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm back from my overseas jaunt.  I had a fantastic time catching up with so many of my US relatives and I think the highlights this time around would have to be New York (the whole place...what a city), Niagra Falls and for those of you into rock and roll music, the Foo Fighters concert in Cleveland on September 20...what a show!

Another highlight, craft related, would have to be the bargains to be had with a strong Australian dollar and the fantastic prices over in the US for arts and craft supplies...I did most of my shopping at Michaels with a visit to Jo Anns...I only wish I had more space in my suitcase (and more money)!!!  I knew I shouldn't have packed so many clothes, many of which never saw daylight outside my suitcase...lol

Here are a couple of photos of my booty...some stuff had to stay in the US, to arrive home at some later date as there was no more room in my suit case.





I also had some master classes with my Aunt who showed me how to knit socks and a beanie (hat)...here is what I made...not bad for a first attempt, though I think one of the socks is longer than the other...and if you look at the second image, one could double as a jock strap...lol






Well I guess I'd better get back to my study/craft room and sort things out and find homes for all my purchases...now to make artzy stuff with them all!!

Finally, here is proof of my Foo Fighter concert outing...had a blast...Love Dave Grohl!! (but love my husband more!!! lol)






Until next time,

Bye
;)

6 comments:

  1. Sound like you had fun Alessandra. I love Michaels too when I was over in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun ahead for you trying out all of your new goodies. Love your socks and beanie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement ladies...glad you liked what you saw...

    I'll be getting stuck into my goodies real soon...in fact, I gave on of my Cuttlebug embossing folders a run yesterday and I used my Bit Bite for the first time too. Lots of fun ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh looks like you had a great time in the states shopping and knitting. I didn't get to Michaels when we were in the States. But I did discover a big Art store in San Fransisco and got some great arty things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you managed to get some bargains too Sandra...sorry I wasn't able to catch up with you before I left Sydney...perhaps when I next visit, Roslyn, you and I can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alessandra,

    I know I would have a fun time shopping for craft items in the USA, too. I am always surprised to see the low prices in comparison to what I would have to pay in Germany... And the coupons, too!

    I am happy for you to have had the chance to buy some nice stuff. Now you just have to create more lovely ATCs!

    Happy creating,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete